[jdom-interest] detach() [eg]

Jason Hunter jhunter at acm.org
Mon Apr 30 23:09:53 PDT 2001

Jools wrote:

> Well what a thread I've started ! I think this even beats the "to be
> null or not to be null" thread.

Once a quarter we have to rat hole I guess.  Maybe it's good; wears us
out so we can all be too lazy to argue on the next issue.

> I've read all the arguments and counter arguments over the last
> couple of weeks and I have to say I like the (b) route, which
> was always my

I'm not sure where you were going there with the last sentence, but I'm
glad we're in sync.  :-)

> Having looked at all the use cases once the root element has been
> harvested the donor Document is never referenced again, so making
> loads of effort to ensure that it's still well formed before we
> trash it seems a little crazy.
>
> Now, can we put this one to bed now ?

I hope so.  Now we're arguing on Node.  Guess my first statement above
wasn't true.