[jdom-interest] Re: Build Question (or wishesAreHorses)

philip.nelson at omniresources.com philip.nelson at omniresources.com
Tue Aug 14 06:02:37 PDT 2001

> Shouldn't you be catching an UnrealisticExpectationException there?
>
> :-)

I love it
sub lame () throws UnrealisticExpectationException

> Okay, then...your opinion, meistro.  Am I doing well to go
> through your examples using Xerces, Xalan and Cocoon rather
> than JDOM, or are they mutually exclusive/compatible?  I
> apologize for newbie queries, a priori, for my ignorance, as
> this is my first serious foray into Java XML.  I have been
> lurking about JDOM-interest, but little of what is discussed
> is registering yet.

IMHO

Xerces - probably not but it depends on what you want to do and how deep you
want to get into it all.
Xalan - Certainly though I really have found the use cases for xsl less than
I ever guessed
Cocoon - probably not though my opinion is related to my thoughts on xsl.
Also, Cocoon is undergoing a rewrite which will hopefully make it better

JDOM - of course ;-)