[jdom-interest] Document serialization?

philip.nelson at omniresources.com philip.nelson at omniresources.com
Wed Aug 15 10:43:13 PDT 2001

> I'm running into an issue with b7 and serialization.
> I'm storing an xml doc on an HttpServletSession in a weblogic
> clustered
> enviorment. I'm getting a stack trace that is resulting from an
> NullPointerException from
> org.jdom.PartialList.add(PartialList.java:200)
> in the de-serialization step.
>
> Any ideas? Is JDOM supposed to support serialization of the
> full Document?

hmmm, I have used Document and Element serialization extensively over the
last year.  None of these use PartialList at all which leads me to think you
are trying to serialize a PartialList (from getContent() perhaps).
PartialList is up for replacement and the work seems to be active right now.
PartialList has bugs with serialization and won't be updated I think.