[jdom-interest] JDOM-b7 will not compile

Mark Galbreath mgalbrea at maximgroup.com
Wed Aug 15 13:58:10 PDT 2001

Come on, guys!  I'm stuck on the last pages of Chapter 8 in Brett's book for the JDOMTest class.

I d/l jdom-b7, extracted it to c:\jdom-b7, ran build.bat, copied jdom.jar to c:\jdk1.3.1\lib and put c:\jdk1.3.1\lib\jdom.jar in the classpath.  I even rebooted Windoze.

When I try to compile Brett's example I get a "cannot resolve symbol" for the "import org.jdom.Attribute;" line (and every other import for org.jdom.*) for class Attribute in package jdom.

I know you guys got this working on Win2K systems...how?

Thanks,
Mark