[jdom-interest] Document serialization?

Sean Brandt sean at fuzzymagic.com
Wed Aug 15 15:17:21 PDT 2001

Jason and Philip,
    Found the issue. Part of what my app does is merge two different xml
trees, and deep in the bowels of doing so, calls getAttributes() on
elements scheduled for replacement. This returns a PartialList, which is
in turn put onto the elements that are replacing them with a
setAttributes call. This 'corrupts' the Element List tree with
PartialLists, and hence breaks serialization. I've patched my code to
convert that PartialList to an ArrayList, before calling setAttributes,
however, it might be an potential issue for others.

- Sean