[jdom-interest] SAXHandler's Stack to be protected ?

Paul Libbrecht paul at ags.uni-sb.de
Mon Aug 20 16:41:42 PDT 2001

Hi,

In my ongoing efforts for elements with locators, I'd need the
org.jdom.input.SAXHandler's stack variable to be protected so as to allow
me to pre- post-process the element being built while subclassing
SAXHandler.

As far as I understand the SAX building mechanism of JDOM, I dare say
SAXHandler is the only object that seems to need to be created new at each
new document.

De-private-ising the stack member (or having a "currentElement" accessor)
would allow me to stick to this very economic philosophy.

Thanks.

Paul

PS: little story for the quality of JDOM: I told a colleague of mine that
was using JDOM since a while that we should upgrade to beta-7 and he was
really amazed to hear that it was beta. I could only reply him that beta
is not bug-level-beta (because bugs are rather hard to find) but
feature-level beta...
And the deeper I get into this package, the more admiration I have. The
care taken at every line of the source is amazing to me !