[jdom-interest] possible bug with nested namespaces

philip.nelson at omniresources.com philip.nelson at omniresources.com
Tue Aug 21 06:25:12 PDT 2001

> When nested elements declare the same namespace, it appears
> that when the
> inner element is done being processed, the namespace on other elements
> contained in the outer element is lost.

I think that you may be confusing a namespace and a namespace declaration.
You did lose a namespace declaration.  However the input and output
documents are equivalent.  JDOM does move namespace declarations up to the
outermost necesary element.  In fact JDOM doesn't keep track of where
declarations occur so the "problem" is that when xmloutputter is used, it
has to create the declarations as needed.