[jdom-interest] On-Line and Off-Line DTD

philip.nelson at omniresources.com philip.nelson at omniresources.com
Wed Aug 29 23:10:44 PDT 2001

> JDOM needs to have the ability to retain the internal DTD
> subset and all
> you to change it.  It's a project that isn't terribly hard, but the
> volunteers doing it haven't seemed to bring it to completion.
>  The joys
> of open source.  It's still in the TODO though.

So you've resorted to shaming me into releasing this ???  Oh yeah somebody
else was going to finish this up.....

dang, this guy is tough =8^0

So here is an update of what I sent pre beta 7 but is now merged to the
current code base.

This code implements an internal dtd subset including elements, attributes,
entities, notations and non parsed entities.  This is available as a String
using getInternalSubset() on DocType.  This only works if expand entities is
set to false due to the magic of sax xml reader parameters.  Seems like this
is the right thing to do in most cases though.  The format of the string is
simple one element per line followed by a newline after the dtd is finished.
No doubt some people will want something else there but this is what we
agreed to so this is what I have implemented.

I have not followed through to DOMBuilder, DOMOutputter or SAXOutputter.
This will have to be a more interesting exercise for somebody else.
Volunteers?