[jdom-interest] Namespaces

Armin Groll ArminG9 at compuserve.de
Sat Aug 18 07:59:05 PDT 2001

Hi,

I am a newbie to this list and have a question (feature request?).
In class org.jdom.Namespace, we have the NO_NAMESPACE field, to get a
namespace that represents the fact that there is no namespace declared.
How about adding a ANY_NAMESPACE field, to get a namespace that
represents the fact we do not want to bother with namespaces?
Right at the moment it appears to me that
element.getChildren(stringChildName) is the same as
element.getChildren(stringChildName, Namespace.NO_NAMESPACE).  This is
quite pure and o.k., but sometimes, speed is preferred above
purity/stability. So I would be delighted to write
element.getChildren(stringChildName, Namespace.ANY_NAMESPACE), instead
of creating the correct Namespace-Object beforehand.

Thanks,

Armin