[jdom-interest] Oracle Adapter bug

Alex Rosen arosen at silverstream.com
Wed Dec 26 10:04:25 PST 2001

> Oracle parser processes <?xml...> directive and allows to access it.
> But Verifier's checkProcessingInstructionTarget prevents to declare such
> instructions, so I cann't process XML via Oracle parsers.

As Elliotte mentioned, the <?xml ...> directive looks like a processing
instruction, but it really isn't, so don't try to add it as a processing
instruction. Instead, it's automatically added to the output stream by
XMLOutputter (unless you ask it not to).

Jason, here's a patch to Verifier, that makes this more obvious in the
exception's message.

Alex