[jdom-interest] Re: JDOM and XSL

Jan Peter Hecking jhecking at netgaroo.com
Mon Feb 5 07:52:53 PST 2001

On Sun, Feb 04, 2001 at 10:12:34PM -0000, Tony Montgomery Smith wrote:
> I tried Jan Peter Heckings suggestion (26 Jan). It needs a try/catch, because
> there are lots of potential exceptions in there.

I know. While cutting and pasting out of my actual code I didn't
include the try/catch block.

> No problem, but I was stuck when it then complained that I hadn't
> set the system
> property "javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory". I tried setting it to:
> "javax.xml.transform.sax.SAXTransformerFactory", but that didn't work.

Hmm, I know I didn't set any system properties.

Anyway, because of what Lasse Lindgård wrote on this list shortly
after my orginal mail I'm now using the approach he described.
Although I didn't do any profiling either I'm now convinced that
using the SAXOutputter instead of using a XML character stream
generated by XMLOutputter should be much faster.

bye,
Jan

Jan Peter Hecking                  jhecking at netgaroo.com
University of Rostock     Department of Computer Science
Homepage: http://www.informatik.uni-rostock.de/~jhecking