[jdom-interest] deprecated methods

Cem Karan Cem.Karan at usa.alcatel.com
Thu Feb 22 14:03:48 PST 2001

Hi all, I'm somewhat new to JDom and have some questions that I didn't
see on the bug fix list/changes list when I downloaded beta 6.
Basically, I'm wondering which version of xerces J JDom is dependent
on.  I ask because when I tried importing the source for both JDom beta
6 and Xerces-java 1.3.0 into Visual age I got a whole series of warnings
about deprecated methods in Xerces-java.

I've attached the warnings below.

Thanks,
Cem Karan

Xerces J  0 Errors, 33 Warnings
  javax.xml.parsers  0 Errors, 7 Warnings
    SAXParser  0 Errors, 7 Warnings
      void parse(org.xml.sax.InputSource, org.xml.sax.HandlerBase)  0
Errors, 2 Warnings
        The type named HandlerBase is deprecated
        The type named Parser is deprecated
      void parse(java.lang.String, org.xml.sax.HandlerBase)  0 Errors, 1
Warnings
        The type named HandlerBase is deprecated
      void parse(java.io.File, org.xml.sax.HandlerBase)  0 Errors, 1
Warnings
        The type named HandlerBase is deprecated
      org.xml.sax.Parser getParser()  0 Errors, 1 Warnings
        The type named org.xml.sax.Parser is deprecated
      void parse(java.io.InputStream, org.xml.sax.HandlerBase,
java.lang.String)  0 Errors, 1 Warnings
        The type named HandlerBase is deprecated
      void parse(java.io.InputStream, org.xml.sax.HandlerBase)  0
Errors, 1 Warnings
        The type named HandlerBase is deprecated
  org.apache.html.dom  0 Errors, 1 Warnings
    HTMLBuilder  0 Errors, 1 Warnings
      void startElement(java.lang.String, org.xml.sax.AttributeList)  0
Errors, 1 Warnings
        The type named AttributeList is deprecated
  org.apache.xerces.framework  0 Errors, 1 Warnings
    XMLAttrList  0 Errors, 1 Warnings
      org.xml.sax.AttributeList getAttributeList(int)  0 Errors, 1
Warnings
        The type named AttributeList is deprecated
  org.apache.xerces.jaxp  0 Errors, 1 Warnings
    SAXParserImpl  0 Errors, 1 Warnings
      org.xml.sax.Parser getParser()  0 Errors, 1 Warnings
        The type named Parser is deprecated
  org.apache.xerces.parsers  0 Errors, 2 Warnings
    SAXParser  0 Errors, 2 Warnings
      void setDocumentHandler(org.xml.sax.DocumentHandler)  0 Errors, 1
Warnings
        The type named DocumentHandler is deprecated
      void startElement(org.apache.xerces.utils.QName,
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLAttrList, int)  0 Errors, 1 Warnings
        The type named AttributeList is deprecated
  org.apache.xerces.readers  0 Errors, 2 Warnings
    XCatalog  0 Errors, 2 Warnings
      The type named DocumentHandler is deprecated
      The type named AttributeList is deprecated
  org.apache.xml.serialize  0 Errors, 5 Warnings
    BaseMarkupSerializer  0 Errors, 1 Warnings
      org.xml.sax.DocumentHandler asDocumentHandler()  0 Errors, 1
Warnings
        The type named DocumentHandler is deprecated
    HTMLSerializer  0 Errors, 1 Warnings
      void startElement(java.lang.String, org.xml.sax.AttributeList)  0
Errors, 1 Warnings
        The type named AttributeList is deprecated
    Serializer  0 Errors, 1 Warnings
      org.xml.sax.DocumentHandler asDocumentHandler()  0 Errors, 1
Warnings
        The type named DocumentHandler is deprecated
    TextSerializer  0 Errors, 1 Warnings
      void startElement(java.lang.String, org.xml.sax.AttributeList)  0
Errors, 1 Warnings
        The type named AttributeList is deprecated
    XMLSerializer  0 Errors, 1 Warnings
      void startElement(java.lang.String, org.xml.sax.AttributeList)  0
Errors, 1 Warnings
        The type named AttributeList is deprecated
  org.xml.sax  0 Errors, 3 Warnings
    DocumentHandler  0 Errors, 1 Warnings
      void startElement(java.lang.String, org.xml.sax.AttributeList)  0
Errors, 1 Warnings
        The type named AttributeList is deprecated
    HandlerBase  0 Errors, 1 Warnings
      void startElement(java.lang.String, org.xml.sax.AttributeList)  0
Errors, 1 Warnings
        The type named AttributeList is deprecated
    Parser  0 Errors, 1 Warnings
      void setDocumentHandler(org.xml.sax.DocumentHandler)  0 Errors, 1
Warnings
        The type named DocumentHandler is deprecated
  org.xml.sax.helpers  0 Errors, 11 Warnings
    AttributeListImpl  0 Errors, 2 Warnings
      void (org.xml.sax.AttributeList)  0 Errors, 1 Warnings
        The type named AttributeList is deprecated
      void setAttributeList(org.xml.sax.AttributeList)  0 Errors, 1
Warnings
        The type named AttributeList is deprecated
    ParserAdapter  0 Errors, 4 Warnings
      The type named AttributeList is deprecated
      void setup(org.xml.sax.Parser)  0 Errors, 1 Warnings
        The type named Parser is deprecated
      void (org.xml.sax.Parser)  0 Errors, 1 Warnings
        The type named Parser is deprecated
      void startElement(java.lang.String, org.xml.sax.AttributeList)  0
Errors, 1 Warnings
        The type named AttributeList is deprecated
    ParserFactory  0 Errors, 3 Warnings
      org.xml.sax.Parser makeParser()  0 Errors, 1 Warnings
        The type named Parser is deprecated
      org.xml.sax.Parser makeParser(java.lang.String)  0 Errors, 2
Warnings
        The type named Parser is deprecated
        The type named Parser is deprecated
    XMLReaderAdapter  0 Errors, 1 Warnings
      void setDocumentHandler(org.xml.sax.DocumentHandler)  0 Errors, 1
Warnings
        The type named DocumentHandler is deprecated
    XMLReaderFactory  0 Errors, 1 Warnings
      org.xml.sax.XMLReader createXMLReader()  0 Errors, 1 Warnings
        The type named Parser is deprecated