[jdom-interest] Re: Is reverse XPath possible

bob mcwhirter bob at werken.com
Mon Jul 2 08:01:37 PDT 2001

Currently, no that's not possible.

No certain how it'd be implemented either, since wacky xpaths
can require almost a complete evaluation of it to determine
membership.

You can always just eval the xpath, dump the resulitng List into
a HashSet, and then you have nearly constant-time lookup to see
if your desired element is a member.

	-bob