[jdom-interest] escape characters

Baum, Karl karl.baum at tallan.com
Thu Jul 26 13:41:48 PDT 2001

I have a program that loads information for a database and outputs to an xml
file using jdom.  The code looks to filter certain characters and replaces
them with their escape character equivalence.  For example, the character
with a code of 162 is replaced with &#162.  However when I output to an xml
file using jdom, this is represented as &#162.  Instead of coming up as
a cent sign in html, it looks like &#162.  Is there a way I can tell jdom
not to replace the &#162 with &#162.  Thanks.

Karl