[jdom-interest] Validation Errors

Shari McGuirl shari at mineit.com
Fri Jun 1 04:50:40 PDT 2001

I've read most of the information on validation in the archives but I still have a problem with validating a document.  I have a valid XML document & corrosponding DTD but I keep on getting errors when I am trying to build a document from it with valid being set to true.  I noticed that the xercies.jar file must be at the proper spot in my classpath (before any other parsers), which is done.

Do you know what is going on here?  I'm new to JDOM and I'd really appreciate any help on this one.

Cheers,
Shari

org.jdom.JDOMException: Error on line 1: An element with the identifier "JD0003" must appear in the document.
        at org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder.build(SAXBuilder.java:407)
        at org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder.build(SAXBuilder.java:428)
        at CPEX2.CPEXTranslator.readCPEX(CPEXTranslator.java:57)
        at CPEX2.Tester.main(Tester.java:25)
Root cause: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: An element with the identifier "JD0003" must appear in the document.
        at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.reportError(XMLParser.java:1008)
        at org.apache.xerces.validators.common.XMLValidator.reportRecoverableXMLError(XMLValidator.java:1250)
        at org.apache.xerces.validators.common.XMLValidator.callEndElement(XMLValidator.java:1028)
        at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$ContentDispatcher.dispatch(XMLDocumentScanner.java:1255)
        at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(XMLDocumentScanner.java:380)
        at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:900)
        at org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder.build(SAXBuilder.java:395)