[jdom-interest] Setting the thing up!

Ian Lea ian.lea at blackwell.co.uk
Tue Jun 5 03:09:38 PDT 2001

Which jars you need on your classpath depends on what you want
to do, but for running classes using JDOM you will need a minimum
of jdom.jar and a parser, crimson.jar or xerces.jar. If you are
using the version in CVS see lib/README. You won't need
collections.jar unless running java 1.1.  Using Ant to build jdom
you don't need to add any jars - Ant takes care of it all.

To fix the sun.tools.javac.Main problem with ant you need to set
JAVA_HOME to the top of your java installation directory.  See
the README.txt in the top level jdom directory.

If that doesn't work for some reason, you could try adding
/topofjavatree/lib/tools.jar to your CLASSPATH but you shouldn't
need to.

--
Ian.
ian.lea at blackwell.co.uk