[jdom-interest] Bug in JDOMSource or maybe SAXoutputter.

Laurent Bihanic laurent.bihanic at atosorigin.com
Fri Jun 8 03:14:13 PDT 2001

Hi,

The bugs seem to be in SAXOutputter that lacks two things regarding namespace
handling in SAX:
1. Namespace declarations for attributes are not reported as
start/endPrefixMapping events.
2. Namespace declarations for attributes are not reported as "xmlns:..."
attributes

Xalan actually relies on this second feature of the SAX parsers to handle
namespaces.

Attached is a patch to SAXOutputter that fixes both problems.
I had to add a new method to SAXOutputter (setReportNamespaceDecl()) because
reporting namespaces as xmlns attribute shall only occur if the
"namespace-prefixes" SAX feature is set to true.
I updated the SAX feature support in JDOMSource to make use of the new method.

Jason, can you validate and merge these changes ? I also updated JDOMResult to
complete the move from contrib to core (javadoc and FEATURE changes).

Laurent