[jdom-interest] can you consider this for commitment?

Ken Rune Helland kenh at csc.no
Tue Jun 12 06:45:47 PDT 2001

At 09:09 AM 6/12/2001 -0400, Rhodes, Phillip C. wrote:
>I think there is a real need to support arbitary text strings.
>
>I understand that I could parse my perfectly valid XSL string and break it
>out to "spoon feed" it to JDom.  This just feels wrong to me.  For example,
>if I had a valid XML document, would you require a programmer to parse it
>themselves and build a jdom manually for the document?  This is the same
>situation.

<SNIP>

The programer dosent parse it themself, they use SAXBuilder for that.
I agree with  JH that its not good for JDOM trees to have arbitrary
text nodes. But it woud sometimes be nice to have a convenieve
metod somehvere to take snipets of valid XML and return a list
with the content.

Then one coud do someting like:

myElement.getMixedContent().add(
         SomeClass.miniParse("some <e> XML </e> content") ));

where the miniparse metod on this case woud return a list
of a Text, a Element and a Text.

KenR