[jdom-interest] partial parsing?

Jason Hunter jhunter at collab.net
Wed Jun 13 12:12:31 PDT 2001

Cem Karan wrote:

> What I was wondering is, is it possible to 'tweak' JDom so that it does
> relatively lazy builds of trees?  Or will this require a major rewrite?

There are two approaches to take.  The easiest, if it works in your
situation, is to eliminate some elements from the tree during the
build.  The more complicated approach is to create subclasses of the
principal objects and have the subclasses defer the creation of their
children.  It's a very desired feature, and one we plan to write, but it
requires some support in the parser.