[jdom-interest] setChildren(List)

Jools jools at jools.org
Mon Jun 25 08:35:38 PDT 2001

> another minor cleanup issue.  First of all, why do we have setChildren when
> all it does is delegate to setMixedContent?

The setChildren() method is intimating that you are passing a list
containing
only Elements to be added.

I personally use this method a great deal as it tends to point out to
the reader
that I'm passing a list containing only Elements and nothing else.

With the introduction of the FilterList (beta8 ?) this method should
throw an
exception if a list is passed in containing anything other than a list
of
Elements. IMHO.

I'd personally like to see this one stay.

--Jools