[jdom-interest] getMixedContent -> getContent

Tom Bradford bradford at dbxmlgroup.com
Wed Jun 27 09:54:43 PDT 2001

Brett McLaughlin wrote:
> I don't like getContents()... I think getContent() is OK, personally. I also
> think getChildren() isn't too bad... I guess I'm just used to it though.

Or how about this (totally of the top of my head):

public interface Content {
   public static final Object All = null;
   public static final Element[] Elements = new Element[0];
   ... etc for the rest of the types ...
}

then have a method like (it assumes the content list is called list):

Object getContent(Object type) {
   if ( type == Content.Any )
       return list;
   else
      return list.toArray(type);
}

Then you can make calls like:

Element[] elems = (Element[])elem.getContent(Content.Elements);

or

Object[] objs = (Object[])elem.getContent(Content.All);

--
Tom Bradford --- The dbXML Project --- http://www.dbxml.org/
We store your XML data a hell of a lot better than /dev/null