[jdom-interest] getMixedContent -> getContent

Elliotte Rusty Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Thu Jun 28 07:50:47 PDT 2001

I wanted to weigh in on this. I just looked through the JavaDocs, and
it seems very clear to me that getChild should be renamed
getChildElement(), getChildren() should be renamed
getChildElements(), and so forth through the API. The current API is
way too confusing on this point.

Longer term, I wonder if there's some way we can add an overloaded
getContent() method that takes some sort of filter object as an
argument, so that users could pass in filters to get only comments,
only text nodes, only text nodes that weren't ignorable white space,
only elements in a certain namespace, etc.