[jdom-interest] jdom & xalan

Scott_Boag at lotus.com Scott_Boag at lotus.com
Tue Mar 6 19:48:37 PST 2001

> Whereas this does not:
> <code>
>          SAXBuilder builder = new SAXBuilder(false);
>         DOMSource domSource = new DOMSource(new
> DOMOutputter().output(builder.build(new
> File("birds.xml"))));

It would help to have 'birds.xml' to diagnose this problem, and maybe
'birds.xsl'.  If you send these to me, one interesting experiment I could
run is to run it with a Xerces DOM (you can do this on the command line
using the -flavor d2d option), to see if the problem is with the DOM
representation or a mismatch between the way JDOM represents the xml as a
DOM and the way that the DOM is "classically" built from XML.

Frankly, I've not yet run Xalan with the JDOM DOM adapter (my bad).  If you
bug me enough, I'll probably download it and give it a try, but I'm pretty
backed up right now.

I would suspect the problem to be with a) whitespace handling, b) multiple
adjacent text nodes, or c) something with namespace handling.

-scott