[jdom-interest] Children list

bob mcwhirter bob at werken.com
Wed Mar 14 16:25:44 PST 2001

First, your indentation seems to lend semantics that
aren't there.  e1, e2, e3, and e4 are all first-level
children of the root node, but your indentation
somewhat makes it appear that e2 and e3 are children
of e1.

2nd, sure, there are ways to get sublists.  What is
your rule for selecting which elements you want in the
sublist?  Can you make a sentence-type rule, similar to
"all but the first element", or "all elements whose position
is a prime number", or something similar?

If your criteria is arbitrary, no amount of code can
help, save maybe invokation of Randomizer or something.

Basically, which elements fall into the set of "certain elements"
that you wish to skip?

Lastly, are you familiar with XPath?  It might could help.

	-bob