[jdom-interest] Request for new methods removeText(), replaceText(), & replaceContent().

Steven D. Keens skeens at planetfred.com
Tue Mar 20 12:46:45 PST 2001

I have attached a version of Element.java with three new methods:

	public boolean removeText();
	public void replaceText( String newText );
	public void replaceContent( Element oldElement, Element newElement );

I'm hoping that you they are added to Element in the next
version.  I have used a static version of the replaceContent()
method in another of my classes with success.  The replaceText()
and removeText() methods also work well.

Also, I think the other "replaceContent()" methods should be added
(for PI's &, Entity).  I am willing to implement them if you believe
they should be added but I have no need for them. Yet :-)

Steven Keens                mailto:skeens at planetfred.com
PlanetFred Inc.             http://www.planetfred.com
44 Byward Market, Suite 240, Ottawa, ON, K1N 7A2, Canada