[jdom-interest] could someone please send me JDOMSource and JDOMResult

Jason Hunter jhunter at collab.net
Tue Mar 20 15:16:05 PST 2001

Scott Smith wrote:

> Could someone please send me the source for Laurent's JDOMSource and
> JDOMResult classes?

Attached.

> (In a tar or zip format) They are not in the contrib
> source tree.  Why not?

They're not in contrib because they're still in review.  Here's what
Steven Gould found so far:

---
1. To build you'll need to include the following on your CLASSPATH:

$XML/jaxp.jar:$XML/crimson.jar:$XML/xalan.jar

where $XML is the root directory of your JAXP 1.1 installation. You can
either specify this in ADDITIONALCLASSPATH, or
modify build.sh (or
build.bat).

2. It looks like crimson.jar and xalan.jar come with a more recent
version of the org.w3c.* classes than the xerces.jar
included with JDOM, so
to run the test program these JARs should come *before* xerces.jar in
your CLASSPATH.

3. In JDOMResult.java, line 235 you'll need to type-cast null to
(Element)null, and import org.jdom.Element.
---

Anyone else using these, please report back on how well it works for
you.

-jh-