[jdom-interest] getChild and namespace

Jason Hunter jhunter at collab.net
Tue Mar 27 21:48:24 PST 2001

philip.nelson at omniresources.com wrote:

> Nope.
> [Namespace: prefix "" is mapped to URI "
> http://www.w3.org/2000/svg-20000303-stylable "]
>
> The spaces are a strange carryover from the fact that the namespace is
> declared in the dtd as an entity.  It caused problems with some of the other
> Adobe examples but not here.  The space should have blown up but the check
> is not in Verifier yet and if it was in there, none of the Adobe examples
> will work without doing a trim before setting the uri.

Yes, there's an old comment in Verifier.checkNamespaceURI() that it
needs to be brought in line with RFC 2396.  I added a note about it in
TODO so that people looking for something to do can keep this in mind.

In regard to the extra new line you saw, what's the full scoop?  I'm
wondering if the proper JDOM behavior is to throw a verifier exception,
or to automatically handle URIs with surrounding whitespace?