[jdom-interest] First pass at Namespace revision[eg]

Jason Hunter jhunter at collab.net
Thu Mar 29 22:12:24 PST 2001

> As I understand this happens because in your namespace model a child's
> namspace should not be affected by its location in the document. So the
> next step to achieve the wanted result would be traversing all child
> elements of element and assigning them the foo namespace. Its obvious that
> I do not want to use getCopy for this task since it would unnecessarily do
> a deep copy. I would need to implement my own copy method which gives me
> the same element in the foo namespace.
>
> This is not very straightforward any more :-(

I'm sympathetic that we may want a setName() and setNamespace() pair of
methods to make it easier to modify all aspects of the doc
programatically.  I talked with Elliotte at the O'Reilly conference this
afternoon and he's not convinced yet.  What we need is a compelling
example where it's appropriate to change the namespace of all elts in a
document programatically.  If we have that, I think Elliotte our
strongest naysayer will be convinced.  So...  What's your use case?