[jdom-interest] Bug for TODO with addAdditionalNamespaces()

philip.nelson at omniresources.com philip.nelson at omniresources.com
Fri Mar 30 08:57:53 PST 2001

I keep forgetting to mention this.  JDOM incorrectly allows multiple default
namespaces to be added to elements.  I'll put in a test in the test suite
and release it as a failing test until we get it working.  The fix could be
a little painful though.  Since default namespaces have slightly different
rules than prefixed namespaces, we can't just check to see if the namespace
we are adding is already there. You would also hate to have to traverse the
list of namespaces to see if any default namespace has been added (ignoring
NO_NAMESPACE I suppose) but guess that would be a first pass implementation
approach.