[jdom-interest] Design Patterns

Frank Sauer Frank.Sauer at trcinc.com
Wed May 2 10:15:08 PDT 2001

I think you're mistaken there. All that the visitor
pattern requires is that all objects being visited
implement some kind of Visitable interface accepting
a Visitor (interface) in some kind of a visit method.
This does not require a common base class and each class
being visited can have completely different implementations
of the visit method. Personally I think a Visitor pattern
could be the answer to the tree walking issues in relation to
this common Node discussion.

Frank Sauer
The Technical Resource Connection, Inc.
a wholly owned subsidiary of Perot Systems
Tampa, FL
http://www.trcinc.com