[jdom-interest] JDOM JSR

Brett McLaughlin brett at newInstance.com
Wed May 16 11:12:22 PDT 2001

It's a JSR for _JDOM_. That means that JDOM already has been "anointed" (as
you put it) as a good structure for XML in Java. It's being used by most of
the development groups at Sun, already, and so this is an effort to
formalize and standardize JDOM. Our purpose is not to define an API; we have
one that the experts and Sun are happy with. It's to provide a specification
and packaging of that API as a Sun-approved and supported standard.

So maybe you misunderstood what JSRs are ;-)

-Brett

dr at yourhost.com