[jdom-interest] * Using JDOM In Applet Help Needed

Ken Rune Helland kenh at csc.no
Mon May 21 04:05:31 PDT 2001

At 01:55 AM 5/21/2001 -0700, Jason Hunter wrote:

<SNIP>

>Maybe giving benefit of the doubt, Graham didn't understand the
>technical details when he initially posted what we could and couldn't
>do.  But regardless, it proves this point to me:  I don't want to use
>software where my use rights can be whimsically dictated by someone
>else.  And I'm really not sure why anyone else would either.

<SNIP>

IANAL as they often say on slashdot :-)

But AFAIK if you relase the product under one licence
you can not revoke this license. So anyone who have downloaded
for exsample Electric XML with a spesific license text only need
to consern themself with this spesific license text.

Howewer newer versions of the product may have another license
cutting you of from upgrading.

Changing the license on JDOM on the other hand is difficult
because every one who have submitted patches to JDOM own the
copyright on their patch unless they exsplisitly sign it ower to
someone else and one woud need the permission from everyone
who have patches in the core to change the license.

KenR