[jdom-interest] Content as a Text Node (was JDOM JSR)

philip.nelson at omniresources.com philip.nelson at omniresources.com
Mon May 21 08:47:31 PDT 2001

> At 11:27 PM -0500 5/18/01, Brett McLaughlin wrote:
> >Proposed text node:
> >
> >public class Text {
> >
> >     public Element getParent();
> >
> >     public String getValue();
> >
> >     public void setValue(String value);
> >
> >     // These are being discussed
> >     public boolean isCDATA();
> >
> >     public void setCDATA(boolean isCDATA);
> >
> >}
> >

> We also need clone(), toString(), hashCode() and equals().

Yes.

<off top of my head>
Should we consider using a different member variable type other than String?
I guess I am wondering about StringBuffer so that in SAXHandler.characters()
you could append rather than adding new text nodes if you were still in the
same contiguous block of characters.  I can't say how often this happens,
don't know if it's a good idea, but thought I'd throw it out there.  There
must be some reason that the large documents are taking proportionally so
much longer to build than the short ones.
</off top of my head>