[jdom-interest] build.bat / build.sh / ant

philip.nelson at omniresources.com philip.nelson at omniresources.com
Tue May 29 17:34:26 PDT 2001

> > Take it on!  While your at it, get rid of the deprecated
> copydir task, and
> > put some better limits on files included in the build so
> that diff files
> > created by JCVS don't get put in the build/src directory
> and the jar file.
> > > Why do we need a build script? Why can't ant be started like that:
> > > java -jar ant.jar [argument]
>
> The reason I've asked this question is that I don't know ant
> too much. I've
> just downloaded it from the Jakarta site, and I will go through it.

No problem.  I think it's just fairly down on the list of things to think
about.  Ant is well worth the time to learn, really one of the most useful
and simple tools I've run across in a long time.  I started by taking the
JDOM build file and modifying it to build a completely different
application.  A few trips to the api docs, a couple trips to deja and I was
done.

Have fun!