[jdom-interest] problems using xerces 2.0.0-beta3 and jdom-b7

Hans Prüller hans.prueller at igs.at
Mon Nov 5 01:55:47 PST 2001

Hi there,

for testing purposes i need to use the brand-new xerces 2.0.0 beta3 with
jdom-b7 classes,
but i get error messages which didn't appear using xerces 1.4.3 and the
same configuration.

i use a validating saxbuilder to parse the files, to check the xml-files
against a xml-schema definition.
with xerces 1.4.3 this worked successfully, and also my editor-tool (XML
Spy 4) works with the files so
they should be valid.

the xerces 2 error msg. looks something like this:

 Fehler beim lesen der XML-Datei:
 org.jdom.JDOMException: Error in building: Document root element
"Document", mu
st match DOCTYPE root "null".

To be true, I don't really know what to do with this error message - what
does  DOCTYPE root "null" mean?
DOCTYPE reminds me on DTD's but in this case, there isn't any - could it be
that xerces interpretes
the xsd as dtd or something else?

Perhaps anyone of you had already a problem like this and can help me any
further - otherwise I apologize
for wasting your time.

regards,
hans