[jdom-interest] How to: allow-java-encodings

Alex Rosen arosen at silverstream.com
Tue Nov 6 13:09:30 PST 2001

In the latest code in CVS, you can just do:

SAXBuilder p=new SAXBuilder ();
try {
  p.setFeature("http://xml.org/sax/features/allow-java-encodings", true);
} catch (SAXException e) {
  System.out.println("error in setting up parser feature");
}

I don't think this was in beta 7, so it means you'll have to figure out how
to use CVS to download and build the current codebase. (Which isn't trivial
if you haven't used CVS before.)

On the other hand, I think the configureParser() method did make it into
beta 7, if I remember correctly. In that case, you could create your own
subclass of SAXBuilder, override configureParser(), and set the feature on
the parser.

Alex