[jdom-interest] Thanks everyone!

Alexander Hvostov root at aoi.dyndns.org
Tue Nov 13 23:22:04 PST 2001

On Tue, 13 Nov 2001 08:15:52 -0500, kevin.schmidt at convergys.com wrote:

> So, from a guy who usually says, "Perl ROCKS", my motto is
> now, "Perl SUCKS, and is a dying language".  I started rewiting my script
> using JBuilder, JDOM, and Jaxen.  All I can say is, "WOW".  Java is truely
> the ruling language of the universe!  It takes JDOM/Jaxen 80-90 seconds
> what took Perl well over 300 seconds.  I use to think that Perl was a
> faster language than Java, but no more.

Another convert joins the ranks of the Javaist faithful...

By the way, if you haven't already, consider using Java Servlets or JSPs
for your Web site. They're much faster than Perl scripts for this purpose,
as well. If you're looking for a Servlet/JSP engine, the Apache Group's
Tomcat is a wise choice. Tomcat may be found at
[http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/index.html]. Tomcat provides for both
Servlets and JSPs, and is designated as the reference implementation for
these specifications by Sun, besides being production-quality.

Regards,

Alex.