AW: [jdom-interest] JDOM and Recursive elements

Falk Fraikin fraikin at informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Thu Nov 22 05:14:33 PST 2001

Hi,

maybe I got you all wrong, but then again... is it something like this you
are looking for?

import org.jdom.*;
import org.jdom.output.XMLOutputter;

public class Recursive
{
   {
      String[] names = new String[]{"a", "c", "e",};
      String[] values = new String[]{"b", "d", "f",};
      int size = names.length;
      if (size > 0) {
         Element rootElem = new Element("NameValuePair");
         rootElem.setAttribute("name", names[0]);
         rootElem.addContent(new Element("Value").setText(values[0]));
         Element currentElem = rootElem;
         for (int i = 1; i < size; i++) {
            Element newElem = new Element("NameValuePair");
            newElem.setAttribute("name", names[i]);
            newElem.addContent(new Element("Value").setText(values[i]));
            currentElem.addContent(newElem);
            currentElem = newElem;
         }
         XMLOutputter xmlOutputter = new XMLOutputter("   ", true);
         xmlOutputter.output(rootElem, System.out);
<<<

Rgds,

Falk