[jdom-interest] Ignoring the prolog

Laurent Bihanic laurent.bihanic at atosorigin.com
Thu Nov 29 00:45:22 PST 2001

Questions :
  - Are you on Windows ?
  - Are you using Crimson ?
  - Did you edit the XML file with Notepad and save it as Unicode or UTF-8 ?

If you answered three times "yes", switch to Xerces as this parser detects the
  encoding header Notepad inserts while Crimson doesn't.

Laurent

travis at thinkvirtual.com wrote:

> Is there any way to ignore the prolog? I am getting xml without a prolog and getting the following error:
>
> org.jdom.JDOMException: Error in building: Content is not allowed in prolog.
> Root cause: org.xml.sax.SAXException: Content is not allowed in prolog.
>
> So i want to skip this error.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Travis Reeder
> Chief Software Architect
> ThinkVirtual

                  wWw
                 (o o)
-------------ooO-(_)-Ooo-----------------------------------------------
Laurent Bihanic           | Tel: +33 (0)1 55.91.21.93  (Direct line)
Atos Origin               |      +33 (0)1 55.91.20.00
Intégration - e-Business  | Fax: +33 (0)1 55.91.22.31
Les Miroirs - Bat. C      |
18, avenue d'Alsace       |
F-92926 La Defense Cedex  | e-Mail: laurent.bihanic at atosorigin.com

"Microsoft isn't the answer. Microsoft is the question and the answer
  is no."

DISCLAIMER:
The opinions expressed are entirely my own and may not necessarily be
those of my employer.  Also, I am not now nor have I ever been a
lawyer.  My opinions are provided as-is with absolutely no warrantee of
merchantability or fitness for any particular use.  Besides, you can't
prove I typed this.  No body saw me type this.  Who says I typed this?