[jdom-interest] NoSuchElementException & NoSuchAttributeException

youngji kim youngji at u.washington.edu
Fri Nov 30 09:52:13 PST 2001

First of all, bear with me even if I'm asking an out-of-date question.

The first edition of JAVA and XML book explains about Exceptions like
"NoSuchElementException" and "NoSuchAttributeException" as children of
JDOMException.
However, when I try to catch those exceptions (as I supposed to), I am
getting errors.  The compiler is complaining that they don't exist.  After
searching through all jar files and JAVA Docs, I have found out that it
seems like that it is true that they don't exist.

Also, when I looked at the second edition of the JAVA and XML book, it
doesn't say about those exceptions at all.

Have they been deprecated?  Or they had never been existed?

I think I'm missing something really critical.

Thank you,
Youngji