[jdom-interest] converting from DOM elements to JDOM elements

Leon C. Webster leon at visi.com
Tue Oct 23 06:56:45 PDT 2001

We have a small application that we want to migrate to JDOM.  It uses XML
messages to communicate between some JSP/Servlets on the one hand and a set
of business operations in the "back end".  When these business operations
receive a message, it is handed to a class parses message and constructs
various domain objects from each of the 1st level children in the message.
Right now, these domain objects have a constructor that takes a DOM Element.
We will change that so the constructor takes an JDOM element.

The only problem is that one of the domain objects has a very complex
constructor, and we would like to put off converting that to JDOM for a
while.  So, my question is, is there a way to get the original DOM node or
element from a JDOM element?

Thanks much.

Leon Webster