[jdom-interest] factory helper

rpcee rpcee at operamail.com
Wed Oct 24 09:42:40 PDT 2001

Attached is a little class that makes jdom factories, to save having to write
them. You just specify the subclasses you want to use, eg:

     FactoryMaker fm = new FactoryMaker(MyElement.class);
     fm.setClass(MyAttribute.class);

     SAXBuilder builder = new SAXBuilder();

     builder.setFactory(fm.getFactory());

     String test = "<?xml version='1.0'?><root><child1
att1='fred'><child2>sometext</child2></child1></root>";

     Document doc = builder.build(new StringReader(test));

     XMLOutputter op = new XMLOutputter("   ", true);
     op.output(doc, System.out);

I have only done minimal testing on (only) Element and Attribute subclasses, I
find it handy when messing about with JDOM; maybe production use would use a
proper factory for efficiency.

Currently if the specified subclass doesn't have a particular constructor, the
factory method invokes the JDOM base class constructor and prints a message;
change the invoke() method to change this behaviour.