[jdom-interest] JDOM Beta 7 Problem

Adrian Nolan adrnola at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 26 09:12:45 PDT 2001

Hi,

We were using JDOM Beta 6 and are looking to switch to JDOM beta7.
Basically we have a wrapper class for JDOM & Xerces thats gets & sets the
various elements and creates the XML messages. So changing from one version
to the other was no problem.

We also use Junit (version 3.7). We have a suite of unit tests implemetned
for the various packages that we have developed.

Before we changed from JDOM Beta6 to Beta7 these Junit tests worked
correctly for both JUnit using the text UI and the Swing UI implementations.
Now however the Swing UI fails all tests, but the text UI still works for
all tests. With the swing UI we getting Exceptions such as:

- java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/xml/sax/SAXNotRecognizedException

- java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/xml/sax/helpers/DefaultHandler

	at org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder.createContentHandler(SAXBuilder.java, Compiled
Code)

	at org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder.build(SAXBuilder.java:279)

	at org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder.build(SAXBuilder.java:650)

	at XmlMsg.<clinit>(XmlMsg.java:87)

	at XmlMsgTestCase.setUp(XmlMsgTestCase.java:90)

My query is if anyone else has come across this, and if so why ?

(I vagely remember (maybe I am worng) reading somewhere before where some
IDE's have problems with SAX parser exceptions being thrown internally even
though they are not exceptions in the truest sense of the meaning and the
IDE having problems handling them and am wondering if it is the same with
Junit and JDOM now ?)

Thanks,
Adrian.