[jdom-interest] b7 namespaces bug... or "feature"? :-)

David Weller dgweller at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 5 12:40:25 PDT 2001

ok, here's a simple test I wrote, using Jason/Brett's InAndOut simple example
(no modifications).  When I feed this XML file into it:

<Wiki:Preferences xmlns:Wiki="http://www.lunawiki.org" version="0.1">
    <Wiki:Pattern type="prefix" start="^" levelmarker="" regex="BumpyWord"
tag="Wiki:Anchor" />
</Wiki:Preferences>

I get these results:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Wiki:Preferences xmlns:Wiki="http://www.lunawiki.org" version="0.1">
   <Wiki:Pattern start="^" levelmarker="" regex="BumpyWord" tag="Wiki:Anchor"
/>
</Wiki:Preferences>

Notice that the first attribute of the element has disappeared.  This happens
regardless of which attribute is first.

Removing the namespace reference and colons yields:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<WikiPreferences>
   <WikiPattern type="prefix" start="^" levelmarker="" regex="BumpyWord"
tag="Wiki:Anchor" />
</WikiPreferences>

So, as the subject says, is this a bug or a feature (or, in the "most likely"
scenario... programmer error :-) ?