[jdom-interest] Attribute types

Elliotte Rusty Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Wed Sep 5 16:56:12 PDT 2001

>Does XSchema (or other schema schemes) have this notion? If DTDs are going
>to be less used in the future, perhaps we wouldn't want to complicate the
>API for this.

XSchema does have this notion, and it goes still further. There are all the types DTDs have and many more, including user defined types. Thus perhaps an enumerated class for attribute types doesn't work so well. If we really wanted to leave open the possibility to support schema types, then we'd need an AttributeType class in which each type could have a name and a namespace.