[jdom-interest] Changing XML Declaration

John Muhlestein jmuhlestein at i-link.net
Fri Sep 14 09:02:18 PDT 2001

I may be completely off base on this but I believe part of the problem is
that all the examples of stylesheets that I have seen do not actually have a
decalration.  Something like the following

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"

is actually the root element of the document not a declaration.
There is a <?xml-stylesheet ...?> type of declaration (actually a processing
instruction) which is used for embedding stylesheet infromation in a
different document.

I haven't actually tried this, but, it would seem intuitive to me that the
standard xml declaration <?xml version="1.0"?> should still be legal before
the <xsl:stylesheet ..> element since a stylesheet is just an xml document.

John