[jdom-interest] UTF-8 encoding

Werner Greßhoff Werner.Gresshoff at uni-muenster.de
Fri Sep 28 03:17:34 PDT 2001

Hello,

I'm currently using JDOM beta 7 and get an error while validating
the resulting output. The document should be UTF-8 encoded by
the XMLOutputter and validating the document works only correct
if I don't use german umlauts in my strings.
So let's say, I use an ö in my string, this is char 0x00fc. I think this is
a legal Unicode and UTF-8 character but when using it, validation
rises a fatal error...
--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen                      Best regards

Werner Greßhoff

Universitäts- und Landesbibliothek Münster
Krummer Timpen 3-5

48143 Münster