[jdom-interest] SAXBuilder

sutep.mahehyong at retail-logic.com sutep.mahehyong at retail-logic.com
Wed Apr 10 02:17:49 PDT 2002

Hi..

build method of SAXBuilder crashes with error message "Segmentation Fault",
when runs under Linux.

I am using the latest release of JDOM (BETA 8) the code below runs fine on
Windows but not Linux :

      try {
        System.out.println("Hello-1");
        Document doc = new SAXBuilder().build("test.xml");
        System.out.println("Hello-2");
      } catch (Exception e) {
        e.printStackTrace();

The message "Hello-2" never get printed to screen.

I have managed the track down the cause by debugging the source code and
discovered that
SAXParserImpl (can be found in crimson.jar) is required so if I include the
crimson.jar in the path, above code
will run OK.  Otherwise the "Segmentation Fault" will occur on line >
parser.parse(in); inside the build method.

Sutep.

material. Statements and opinions expressed in this e-mail may not
represent those of the company. Any review, retransmission, dissemination
or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information
by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If
you received this in error, please contact the sender immediately and
delete the material from any computer. This e-mail may be read by an
employee of the company as part of the internal monitoring process and is
therefore not to be considered private by the sender or the recipient.