[jdom-interest] JDOM XSLT

Laurent Bihanic laurent.bihanic at atosorigin.com
Thu Apr 18 00:33:27 PDT 2002

Hi,

Mani Doraisamy wrote:
> Thanks Laurent.
> I am using xalan with JDOM. The problem is even if i give a
> smaller chunk in the template match it seems to output the whole
> tree
>
> Is there anyway i can hide a part of the tree from being outputted every
> time i do the
> transformation?

As I said previously, JDOMSource can't know what your stylesheet actually
needs. So it has to output the whole document. That's the reason why you see
all these calls to getText, they're from JDOMSource feeding the XSLT processor.

You have 2 ways to go around this problem:

1. Try an XSLT processor that can deal directly with JDOM documents, thus not
requiring you to use JDOMSource (but probably another proprietary API). You
may have a look at Saxon as it directly supports JDOM (but I've never tried).

2. As XSLT requires a document as input, you can build a specific JDOM
document that only contains the subset of the main document which is of
interest to your stylesheet.

Laurent