[jdom-interest] UNDECLARED_ATTRIBUTE

Laurent Bihanic laurent.bihanic at atosorigin.com
Fri Apr 19 01:22:30 PDT 2002

Hi, Elliotte,

I do not agree with you: the sentence you are refering to is part of the
"Attribute-Value Normalization" section.  Thus (IMHO) this sentence only
applies to the way parsers should normalize the value of undeclared attribute,
not the way they report the attribute type to the application.

Also, at the time I added the attribute type support, I did not want to use
CDATA as default because of the problems I encountered with enumerated types.
Have a look at SAXHandler's getAttributeType: Without the current hack, using
CDATA as default may lead to report as CDATA some ENUMERATED attributes if
someone uses a parser as weird as Xerces!!!

Laurent